Three in a row for Quins: St David’s 12 - Pembroke Dock 57

Friday 17th January 2020 10:53 am
[email protected]

Subscribe newsletter

Subscribe to our email and get updates right in your inbox.

The Quins made it three wins in a row with a comprehensive win at the home of the ‘Saints’ on a terrible day with the weather deteriorating as game went on.

In the early stages the Quins with the wind on their backs missed two try scoring opportunity through dropped passes ,but they soon made it up when centre Jack Price touched down from short range.

Outside half Tyler Castle just missed the conversion in dreadful conditions.

The Quins had to wait till the 25th minute for their second try when centre Josh Thomas burst through on the angle to touchdown near the posts.

Castle converted to put the Quins 12 points up, but his side wanted the bonus point try before the break due to the conditions, and it duly arrived when Thomas added his second try which was converted by Castle, and then came a superb finish by left wing Jake Griffiths in the corner.

Not surprisingly Tyler Castle missed the conversion.

With the Quins 24 points up and the bonus point secured and in full control the result looked safe.

Thomas soon added his third rd try, and Castle added the extras as the Quins stretched their lead to 0-31.

In the last minute of the first half the Saints managed to get into the Quins’ 25, and from a five yard scrum the Saints’ No 8 Gethin Bateman forced his way over.

Fullback Luke Brooks missed the conversion, which was an excellent attempt considering the conditions.

The Quins had a major shock at the beginning of the second half when the Saints pinned them back after fine use of the elements, which ended with flanker Rhys Price touching down near the posts.

Brooks converted and suddenly the Saints were back in with a chance of getting something out of the game.

But the Quins were having none of it, as the only way they could get out of their half was to run it out, and this they did with great success.

First Price touched down for his second try which was converted by Castle, and then came the try of the match when the Quins attacked from deep in their half, and after the ball went through numerous pairs of hands No 8 Hywel Baker had the easy bit touching down near the posts.

Castle converted and the Quins were 12-45 in front.

Replacement fullback Kieron Machin added the Quins’ eight try which was again converted by Castle.

Griffiths rounded off the Quins scoring after more superb handling.

Castle missed the conversion to end the contest at 12 - 57 to the Quins.

Tomorrow (Saturday) the Quins are home to Championship favourites Laugharne in what should be a cracking encounter.

Quins team: Ben Hathaway, Josh Brown, Josh Thomas, Jack Price (Capt), Jake Griffiths, Tyler Castle, Elliot Lewis, Liam Smith, Nick Drewett, Tom Clarkson, Mark Van Rhyn, Ben Gibby, Ryan Hill, Dan McCloud, Hywel Baker.

Replacements: Jack Davies, Martin Culley, Connor Colmel, Kieron Machin, Harold Owen.

More About:



To leave a comment you need to create an account. |

All comments 0