At the recent meeting of Amroth Community Council, Councillors unanimously decided to object to the following planning applications:
NP/22/0253/CLP. Amroth Castle Holidays Ltd, Amroth. SA67 8NN. Proposal, Certificate of Lawfulness proposed – use of land as caravan site without any limitation.
A full discussion took place. Councillors agreed that a 12 month license would open the park to residential occupation rather than tourism and this was to be resisted. There were several other concerns expressed including:
• Flooding in the winter
• The application opens an opportunity to change the caravans to chalets which take up more room, potentially extending the area of the park. This is at odds with the LDP.
• No other parks in the Amroth area of the National Park are allowed to offer 12 months’ residency on site (9 months max) and so approving this application would set up a precedent for other parks to follow.
• The summary at the end appears to allow the development of the site without restriction. ACC oppose any changes within the caravan park without planning consent.
• A 12 month license could bring additional pressure on local services and infrastructure
NP/22/0260/OUT. Pinewood, Duncow Hill Farm, Wisemans Bridge. Proposal, Construction of 4 x detached dwellings.
Cllr. Fleur Evans removed herself after declaring an interest, then a discussion took place which concluded:
• Insufficient detail has been provided in the application and some omissions and inaccuracies noted.
• Highways have objected and ACC agree with their comments.
• The location is not in the settlement Boundary.
• The Coal Board have objected as no report has been submitted.
• The location is immediately adjacent to the biggest tree in Wisemans Bridge (a Monterey Cedar) and building work could have a detrimental effect on the root system which will be extensive.
• Residents of the development would have to reverse out on to the busy road, causing a safety issue.
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |