Members of Lamphey Church hosted a sumptuous tea party on November 7 to thank the many people and organizations who make use of the church hall and who had supported the work to refurbish it.
The hall was built in 1897 (the year of Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee). By coincidence the hall was reopened this year, just in time for the celebrations marking the Platinum Jubilee of our late Queen.
In welcoming those attending, Rev’d Peter Jones thanked the private individuals and the various grant funding bodies who had helped to finance the refurbishment. These included the Church in Wales’s Rhoscrowther fund, the Allchurches Trust, the Bernard Sunley Foundation, the Garfield Weston charity, Pembrokeshire County Council’s Enhancing Pembrokeshire grant and the Welsh Government’s Community Facilities Programme. Key to the success of the project was Lamphey Church’s treasurer, Bernie Scourfield, who applied for the various grants and managed the finances of the refurbishment.
The hall is equipped with a catering standard kitchen as well as new tables and chairs. The work inside and out has created a warm and welcoming venue. It is available to all for hire for private events and for meetings of clubs and other community groups. Please contact Vicky Tomlinson on 01646 672615 for further information or send booking enquiries by email to [email protected] .