Do you or a friend or family member need support with digital technology?
Would you like to know how to use a smartphone, tablet, an Alexa, or another digital device?
If so, a series of free, drop-in sessions across the County will help you get connected (see below).
You can bring your own digital device, tablet or mobile phone or use one of the free access computers, ask questions and get support.
Matthew Wall from the Digital Community Support team said: “We’re here to help anyone who wants to get to grips with digital technology, and is unsure about where to start.”
Drop in to find out how to help you:
- Get online.
- Keep in touch with your family, friends and local community.
- Make life easier at home with technology.
- Identify how technology can help you look after somebody.
- Make the most of your device for entertainment and information.
- Set up a borrowbox account (to access E-Book service)
- Find out what digital equipment you can borrow.
- Find out about training.
No broadband at home? No problem. Just drop in for more details.
Laura Evans from Pembrokeshire Libraries team said: “The aim of the digital drop-in sessions are to help and support the local community with their devices and accessing the internet.
“Libraries play a key role in providing access to technology, which can help combat isolation and loneliness. Having drop in sessions helps people to connect in a way that they would not be able to do on their own.”
Digital devices can support in so many ways. For example, if you look after someone or are cared for, find out how technology can help you from scheduling appointments, medication reminders or simply feeling safe in your home.
Digital Drop In sessions are FREE to access and open to everyone. There is no need to book, just turn up between the allocated times throughout the day.
The Digital Community Support Team are offering sessions at the following Pembrokeshire Libraries.
All sessions are 10am-12pm and 1pm-4pm.
- Glan-Yr-Afon, Haverfordwest Library (01437 775244), Thursday November 16.
- Pembroke Dock Library (01437 775825), Wednesday November 22.
- Tenby Library (01437 775151), Thursday November 23.
- Fishguard Library (01437 776638), Friday November 24.
- Milford Haven Library (01437 771888), Thursday December 7.
The digital community support team is funded by Welsh Government.